To enroll in the Medical Assistant and & Medical Administrative programs, students must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proof of high school diploma or its equivalent
- Pass the entrance exam
- Current physical examination and immunizations, including any negative results for PPD (Mantoux test and negative chest x-ray)
- Negative drug screen and criminal background check (CORI)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and to reach overhead
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
Required Medical Documents
- A current Physical Exam
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria booster
- Negative TB results or Chest x-ray within 1 year
- Hepatitis B Vaccine/Antibodies
- Confirmation of varicella (chicken pox)
- Must Pay a $50.00 non-refundable administrative cost
- Complete the school application package
- Complete the pre-entrance quiz in-person and score 80%
- Pay a $300.00 deposit/down payment to secure a spot in the class. This amount is deductible from the tuition.
- Sign an enrollment agreement, school policies and procedures, provide all supporting documentation and buy your textbooks and supplies.
Class Days & Times
Day classes start from 9:00AM – 2:30PM Monday-Friday and Evening classes start from 4:30PM – 10:00PM Monday-Friday. These courses typically run between 4-6 months. This schedule is subject to change.
How long is the program?
The Medical Assistant and Medical Administrative Assistant Training Programs are 720 hours courses that have been approved by the Massachusetts Office of Private Occupational School Education. This includes 420 hours of lectures/skills practice and 300 hours of externship experience at a doctor’s office or hospita