To enroll in the Patient Care Technician Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proof of high school diploma or its equivalent
- Students MUST score 75% in a basic math and reading comprehension assessment.
- Clean Criminal background check (CORI) – on the 1st day of class
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and to reach overhead
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Proof of professional liability insurance
Required Medical Documents
- A current Physical Exam
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria booster
- Current physical examination and immunizations, including any negative results for PPD (Mantoux test and negative chest x-ray)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine/Antibodies
- Confirmation of varicella (chicken pox) immunity
- Negative drug screen
- Must Pay a $50.00 non-refundable administrative cost
- Complete the school application package
- Complete the pre-entrance quiz in-person and score 80%
- Pay a $300.00 deposit/down payment to secure a spot in the class. This amount is deductible from the tuition.
- Sign an enrollment agreement, school policies and procedures, provide all supporting documentation and buy your textbooks and supplies.